In 7 thematic sections - the seven deadly sins of fashion - Bruce Gilden paints a picture of our time. All high-tension, these sections mix reportage with fashion:
- POWER, or the ephemeral (funerals) juxtaposed with outward signs of wealth ("Arm Candy")
- FAME's bonfire of the vanities at various celebrations of fashion
- Cult of the BODY, with a boxing match, larger than life bodies in Brooklyn, and the worked-up bodies of dancers in South Central Los Angeles
- FANTASMES, sparked by an ideal figure, beauty parlors, and Kate Moss, the ultimate cover girl
- The EXCLUSIVE, a section that pays homage...