Developmental Workshop in Tokyo with Antoine d’Agata
Develop your photographic voice and produce new work under the mentorship of the visionary Magnum photographer during this intensive five-day workshop
Intended for passionate amateurs to professional photographers, the workshop is for photographers wishing to broaden their perspectives and push the boundaries of their personal development. Participants will have the opportunity to explore the city and shoot what interests them.
Images will be reviewed at the beginning of each day as participants are expected to shoot during the rest of the day and evening. This workshop will challenge, guide and push participants to make new responses to their ideas.
Participants will work with Antoine d’Agata to create an edited sequence to be displayed as a projection on the evening of the last day of the event. All participants will also be invited to an inspiring conference with Antoine D’Agata and Japanese photographer Ryuichi Ishikawa, organized at the French Institute of Japan.
Due to the fast pace and limited time of the workshop participants need to have clear and realistic ideas on the story they would like to work on in Tokyo.
Areas that will be covered during this workshop:
– Mentoring by Magnum photographer Antoine D’Agata
– Individual portfolio reviews
– Group portfolio reviews
– Editing and sequencing
"It's not how a photographer looks at the world that is important. It's their intimate relationship with it” Antoine D’Agata
Where & When
Institut Francais Du Japon
15 Ichigayafunagawaramachi, Shinjuku City, 162-0826 Tokyo, Japan
Monday 06th May until Friday 10th May 2019
We recommend participants to arrive in Tokyo on Thursday Sunday 05th May and leave on Saturday 11th May.
The workshop will be held in English
Early Bird Price Offer: ¥140,000 (incl. tax) before April 8th
Regular Price: ¥150,000 (incl. tax)
Price does NOT include accommodation and travel to Tokyo.
Upon submitting your application you will be forwarded to Magnum’s Paypal account where you will be asked to pay a ¥30,000 deposit to book your place on the workshop. You will receive a confirmation that your application has been accepted within 3 days of your subscription.
Terms and Conditions apply.
See the bottom of this page for more details.
Selection and Requirements
The workshop is open to 12 participants maximum and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Students attending must be comfortable using their equipment and have their own laptop with editing software.
Book your place on this workshop here: https://bit.ly/2HOv5oN
Terms and Conditions
• There are a limited number of spaces on the workshop. Students will be selected based on the work they have submitted during their registration.
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to cancel this event with less than 8 participants. In the event of cancellation students will be given at least 3 weeks advance notice and a full refund (minus Paypal fees).
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to change or alter the program advertised.
• Travel insurance is mandatory.
• The workshop fee does not include international transport, accommodation in Tokyo or ground expenses. International participants are responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses in case the workshop is canceled. We highly recommend that you buy refundable tickets.
• If a participant decides to cancel for whatever reason, it must be confirmed in writing:
Magnum Photos will reimburse all the registration costs except for ¥30,000 administrative fee, if the participant informs Magnum Photos of cancellation at least 3 weeks before the first day of the workshop. Beyond this time limit, Magnum Photos will charge the following:
– 50% of the cost if cancelled between 15 and 21 days before the workshop commences.
– 100% of the cost if cancelled less than 15 days before the workshop commences.
– All workshops that are commenced but not completed through the fault of either the contractor/or participants need to be paid in full.
For enquiries relating to this project please email Chloé Jafé: email@example.com