Make a selection
Make a selection
Sign in / Register
Photographic retreat with Antoine D’Agata + guest artist Tania Bohórquez
Jun 4 - Jun 8 2020
24610 St Méard de Gurcon
Spend 4 days in a farmhouse in the South of France with Magnum photographer Antoine D’Agata and guest artist Tania Bohórquez to rethink your photographic practice.
Structured days of lively discussions, group critiques and tutorials will be crafted to provide an intimate and inspiring environment in which to explore practical and creative approaches to photographic practice.
Participants are invited to bring an ongoing project they would like to work on, reviews and editing sessions will be organised.
This retreat will offer a relaxing space for reflection, interactive collaborations and personal attention.
La Floque is a traditional farmhouse with a converted barn complete with workshop facilities. The Barn is surrounded by a lovely garden with many shaded areas where you can spend time relaxing by yourself and/or socialising with The Barn’s staff and other participants. Outside the designated workshop times you are also welcome to use the heated saltwater swimming pool.
This workshop offers:
• Engagement in critical debates on theory, ethics and contemporary practice
• Development in editing, sequencing and authorship
• Creation of an edited and informed photographic output
Where & When
4th – 8th June.
We advise that the participants arrive on the 4th in the late afternoon and leave late on the 8th.
The workshop will be held in English (French and Spanish also spoken).
The accommodation for 5 nights and food is included for this retreat for which you have 2 options:
Chateau Buisson: 2000 euros (All included apart from transport)
Auberge Jolibois: 1850 euros (All included apart from transport)
Breakfast, lunch and a 3-course dinner will be served on the property everyday. The evening meal is a great opportunity to socialise with staff and participants within an informal setting. Local produce from the Périgord region and on-site vegetable garden will be used for dishes all home-cooked for you.
Terms and Conditions apply.
See the bottom of this page for more details.
Selection and Requirements
The retreat is strictly limited to 10 applicants.
Click here to register for this workshop.
For enquiries relating to this project please email Dubheasa Lanipekun: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
• All fees must be paid on application
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to cancel groups with less than 8 participants.
Students will be given a full refund. In the event of cancellation, students will be given at least 4 weeks advance notice
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to change or alter the program advertised
• For International applicants, Magnum Photos is not responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses in case the workshop is cancelled. We highly recommend that you buy refundable tickets and/or travel insurance
• Refunds to applicants who wish to cancel their place on the workshop can only be given up to 21 days in advance of the date of the workshop, minus a €50 admin fee. After this point, refunds cannot be issued